Sunday, February 9, 2014

We return to Princess Cays



We begin this cruise with a stop at the Cay and the other one ended with a stop at the Cay so we are to be here with only one day in between. I don’t mind because it is such a beautiful place. I got too much sun here the other day so I wore a tee shirt over my suit when  in the water. Last time I was comfortable and cool and  didn’t notice I was getting burned.
Anyway things continue to go well. Last night we met Fred and Mary. They are to be at our table for this cruise. They are friends of Howard and Janeen , are from Chicago, are retired and are a riot. I am certain we will be spending this cruise laughing most of the time
Ken just said that this is Saturday, I had no idea what day it was. If it were not for my pill case I would never know.
 We had room service for my favorite breakfast. I fill in the order form in the evening and state what time we want it delivered. I use the phone to give a wakeup call so we don’t sleep past the door knock. I always order the same thing. Juice for Ken, coffee for us both, 2 regular milk and 1 skim milk ( I mix it for my cereal because they don’t have one percent), one little box of  Shreddies for me and 2 boxes of Corn Flakes for Ken and 2 Danish, one for each of us. But what makes it special is the fruit. I write in Berries-2, and it has been provided every time. This morning it was 2 bowls of fresh raspberries and blueberries mixed. Sometimes they also include sliced strawberries. The fruit was so fresh this morning that it was just as good as Abbotsford berries. They were soooooooooo good.
The TV coverage on board is dismal. We will get absolutely no news of the Olympics. They have NO Canadian channels and the US channel is FOX, which is always trash. Ken is suffering from Hockey withdrawal.
The warm temperatures  in this part of the world causes my hands to swell and It is a good thing that we are not in a crime ridden part of the world. I could not get my blue diamonds off if I tried. They would have to cut my finger off, my ring finger is so swollen.
We took the tender without incident this time, no one was angry about our being put in line in front of them.
It was a wonderful morning. We were enjoying the water and someone spoke to us. It was Alice Schmidt. We met her on the South American cruise. We stood around in the water and caught up on the news of the past couple of years.
Then Ken and I had our lunch and caught the noon tender back to the ship. We showered, rinsed the salt out of our suits and put towels etc out on the balcony to dry. We had a short rest .
At four I went to a Art history lecture. I think I will go to all of the art education sessions for this cruise. I have never taken an art history course and this will be my chance to learn a little.
They had a raffle at the end of the lecture and I was a winner. I do not know what I have won. I do know I will have a choice of 7 different items and it will cost 200.00 to have it framed. We will see what we decide .
Then we dressed for dinner and met Howard and Janeen and Fred and Mary in the Michael Angelo dining room. We told the group the story of our romance. They all think it should be published. They would really think so if we had included all of the details.
 Alice stopped at our table and we have asked if she can join us at our table for the rest of the cruise.  Pimolpan our waitress is going to see what she can do. It will be fun to have Alice join us.
After dinner we went to the English Pub Night show in Explores longue . It starred the singers and dancers and involver audience participation. It was a lot of fun.
To end our evening we went for a special coffee and brandy.

Another amazing day!

No comments: