Friday, February 7, 2014

End of cruise number one??


We booked this adventure as 2 twenty day cruises but there was the option of booking it as 2 ten day cruises. A lot of the people on board, in fact most of the people on board are disembarking today. So I guess you could call this the end of cruise number one.
In summary this is the end of the 10-DAY Eastern Caribbean Cruise on board the Emerald Princess, January 28th to February 7, 2014
The total distance travelled from Port Everglades to Port Everglades was 3038 Nautical Miles=3494 Land Miles=5626 Kilometers
We came into Port Everglades in intense fog. It was as if the captain was docking in the dark. You can see nothing and I mean nothing. You can’t even see the lights on the channel markers.
Because this is turn around day the crew is exceptionally busy. There is no room service and really it is best to stay out of the way.
My plan is to organize the room.( Sort of house clean if you like.) I will put away any papers I want to keep, junk any I do not, gather up laundry and just get reorganized. We do not plan to go into Fort Lauderdale today. I think we would have changed our minds ( if we had planned a venture) because of the intense fog.
I got out the valentines decorations and redid our door first thing this morning. I retrieved our Happy Anniversary notice and our congratulations balloons as well. I would include a picture if I could. One day I will go back through the blog and insert pictures, but for now you will just have to use your imagination.


No comments: