Thursday, February 20, 2014

february 20/2014


This day began as usual with a very nice breakfast being delivered to our room by Imade. He is always so cheerful and so friendly. Anyway there were strawberries and raspberries and blueberries which was great . But the strawberries were not ripe, they were those white in the center and hard ones that we get in the winter. Ken and I have become so spoiled that we did not eat them. The strawberries went into the garbage but the raspberries and blueberries had a fitting end… YUM!
W were ready and heading off of the ship at 9:30.
I bought some stamps and mailed the last of the post cards. I hope they beat us home.
Thanks to Alice we knew of this wonderful beach and how to get there. We hailed a cab and headed for Emerald beach. The taxi had 4 other passengers and they were from Canada. We choose a spot on the beach and got a chaise. We found out that putting your chaise under a tree was seven dollars but putting it in the shade of one of the palm structures was ten dollars. We choose the tree. Soon we were joined by 2 couples who were on the Holland America ship. They were also from Canada. I think there are LOTS of Canadians escaping the winter weather.
We played in the water for a while and then came out and sunned for a while. I inflated the tube Alice gave me and then we went back into the water.
 The day was just as grand as last time with warm water, soft sand, gentle waves and sunshine. I think there were a few more clouds this time and the air may have been a bit cooler but that made it even better.
We returned to the ship after twelve and had lunch at the International CafĂ©. Then it was back to our room to shower and relax. I discovered much to my chagrin that my upper arms are peeling . I guess I didn’t apply enough lotion or something. I hate it when I peel. Yuck!!
I went to a computer course but it was a complete waste of time. It was so very basic that everyone in the room was bored.
The table mates were there and we had a good visit. Then after dinner we went to the Princess Theatre to hear the comedian Darrell Joyce. He was very amusing and we had a good laugh.
After the theatre we went to Crooners. We have been trying to stay awake long enough to enjoy him since the cruise began. So tonight instead of going back to our cabin to wait for time to listen to Funch, we went there to wait. Sundeep brought us peanuts and other nibbles and then we ordered our Mai Tais. Marion and Keith came by and they sat with us. We visited and enjoyed each others company and the music. Around ten o’clock we came back to our cabins and called it a night.

Tomorrow we are going to be in St.Kitts.

No comments: