Wednesday, October 24, 2018

On Board!!!


We are aboard YEAH!!
Sandra called a taxi for us and it arrived on time. We had said our good byes. It really was a special stay.
The taxi tried to take us to the wrong ship but we realized his mistake in time so we were in the right place and did not end up having to walk the length of three big ships to find the right one.
Our room was ready when we boarded and the first site to greet me as I walked into the room was a beautiful flower arrangement. Kim is such a sweetie. I do love having flowers in our room. This arrangement should last quite awhile.









Next we headed to the dining room for lunch. We were in the Da Vinci and the main course choices included salmon. It was done to perfection and we both enjoyed it.
We came back to our room. Ken got some sun on the balcony and I tried to have a little nap. I set a wake up call for 2:45 just in case I slept soundly. I went down to the Michael Angelo dining room to wait to see the maitre de. We needed to have our dining time changed. We wanted early Traditional and they had us scheduled for anytime dining. I was number one in line and so got it changed without a problem.





I came back to the room and Ken was busy unpacking. Our luggage had arrived. I went down to the excursions desk to turn in an excursion. They had done a substitute and it was not to our liking.
By the time I had done that Ken was finished and I could get my things put away. There are lots of hangers. So many that I was able to hang up all of my tee shirts.
The next adventure was to go to the Muster drill and then on to dinner. We will be eating at the Da Vinci dining room at table 405. There will be nine of us at the table. Four are Canadian and 5 are American. Three disembark in Rome and the other 6 are on till Fort Lauderdale. It is a varied group. Bruce has a passion about ancient Rome, Estelle does not really share that passion. Greg is a retired CPA who worked for Exxon. He has only been retired for a few months. I have a mental block about his wife’s name . Then there is Bob, he is a college professor who has battled cancer and won twice. His wife has battled cancer 4 times and won. Then there is a lady travelling with them. Her husband is not on the cruise.
For dinner Ken had the prime rib. On the plate it looked as if he has half of the cow. I decided to do a TAPAS styled meal and I had 4 hord’ouvers  and no main course.



We called it a night early.
That new bed is amazing. It is called the luxury bed and the description does fit.
Princess teamed up with Dr. Michael Breus, a board certified sleep expert and Candice Olso. Renowned HGTV designer, to create a truly relaxing sleep experience.


There was some rocking during the night but just enough to let you know you were at sea.
Tomorrow we are in France in the city of Toulon.

1 comment:

sandy in spain said...

Tapas meal....you're turning Spanish :-)