Monday, October 16, 2023

Day after Tomorrow

October 16th , from Pugwash to Truro 



We left Pugwash around nine and drove in the pouring rain for the next 2 hours. We met Jim and Nancy Cleveland at the Old British Grub Pub. Jim treated us to a very nice lunch. I had fish cakes and Ken has haddock. Again we had a lovely visit and spent time remembering days gone by. 


I gave them a painting and they seemed to really like it. 








Next we headed to New Glasgow to visit my cousin Phyllis and her husband Gerrard. They are not well and it was sad to see them in such poor health.

But they seemed very happy to see us. We visited, we had a nice meal prepared by their daughter and before we knew it the time had come to leave.

I gave each of them a painting and they liked them very much. It was a sad good bye because I know I will never see them again. 






No comments: