Saturday, February 22, 2020

lazy sea days

Yesterday was the first of 8 sea days and we did nothing but rest and relax.

But late afternoon the sea began to roll or something. Whatever you call it the motion was different enough that I began to feel ill. I took a Gravol and went down to the dining room. I was there less than 2 minutes when I knew that was a mistake. I returned to the cabin and laid down. The sea was still strange but the Gravol did the trick. Around 9 or so we went upstairs so I could get a roll and some cheese and milk. I needed to take my meds and I had a very empty stomach.

I slept well and this morning I was back to normal.
We sleep with the drapes open so when the sun comes up it wakes us. This morning the sun rise was magnificent.




I closed the drapes and went back to sleep for awhile. 5:40 is entirely too early to get up.

We received a bon Voyage gift of the Champagne breakfast from Kim our TA. To book it it must inform room service at least 24 hours in advance. So we decided to take a chance and order that for today. You just can't guarantee the weather ot the state of the sea that far ahead. We lucked out. It was and is a beautiful morning. Just ideal. This balcony is only medium sized and the table out there is like an end table. But on deck 10 there is a large table and a lot more room. Our next cruise will be on a deck ten large balcony. We will do the breakfast again then.

Today was as perfect as it could be. Here is a copy of the menu for those who have not done this.



We ordered it for eight and sure enough the waiter arrived to set up the table, complete with a table cloth and linen . There are trays and trays of food and the champagne of course.






We decided that the first course would be the quiche and bacon etc.




I couldn't finish it all, but Ken helped.

Next we had the fruit course. This had melon and blueberries and strawberries and sweetened cream. YUMMY!!!








There are 2 more courses that we have not even touched. Those we will enjoy for lunch.


Smoked Salmon and pastries.







We drank some of the champagne  and some of the juice and took our coffee outside to the balcony.




Thank you Kim , your gift was thoroughly enjoyed.

No comments: