Monday, February 3, 2020

Busy Day

This was a very busy day.
We slept until almost eight and then got ready and went quickly to breakfast.  I finally got our door decorated. There is another decorated just down the hall from us.She has nice red garland around her door.












In the dining room we were joined by 4 others and one couple was from Kingston and one was from Colorado.
After breakfast I checked our a couple of games being played in the Piazza.






I went to customer service and learned I could get OBC for unused punches in an old coffee card.

Then I watched a bit of line dancing.











Then I went to the 10 dollar sale. I did not buy anything which is unusual for me.









Next I met up with Ken and we went to a lecture on Art history. We learned about the theft of the Mona Lesa and how it changed people's interest in viewing art. It was really quite fascinating and the speaker was good.

Next we went up to the World Fresh Market. It is the replacement for Horizon Court. The lay out is very nice and it is nice and bright. They had a good selection of fresh fruit which really pleased me. I had fruit and a cookie for lunch.


After lunch we went back to the Princess Theatre and this time the topic was Volcanoes and how volcanic Islands are formed. This lecture included several videos and it was very informative and entertaining.












After that I came back here to the room to do my hair.

Next it was off to Skywalkers for the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet. There were about a hundred people there. It was the biggest turn out for one of those functions that I have ever seen.









Apparently we are not having a February 14th but we are having 2 February 15th. So Valentines will be celebrated with lots and lots of festivities on the SECOND February 15th.

After that it was back to the cabin to shower and get ready for formal night. Of course we had to open our champagne and enjoy it











Formal night dinner was very good and we had a Norman Love Chocolate journey for dessert. YUMMY





We stopped to have a quick peak at the Champagne waterfall and then headed for the theatre.











We got to the  theatre early so there was lots of time for people watching. I saw some beautiful evening wear.. The evening production show with the Princess orchestra and singers and dancers was titled "I've Got the Music". I am always amazed by the energy and the quick costume changes.









By now we were a bit tired so we came back to the cabin to relax and finish our champagne. There was a talk on the 50's that took place while we were at the meet and greet so we watched it on our stateroom TV.

As soon as I am finished this I will be under the covers. Ken is also asleep.


PS, the sea was much calmer and it is getting warmer. We are about half way to Hawaii so things look up from now on.

No comments: