Wednesday, January 24, 2018

January24th


January 24th,

 We had a wonderful lazy day. We watched the captain perform his magic to get us docked here in Nawiliwili. Then we headed for the dining room and had a very nice breakfast. Again we were seated with 4 people from south of the border. Then we went back to the room and gathered our things and headed for the beach and shopping at Anchor Cove. The beach is a less than 10 minute walk and there are shuttles to take you there if walking is a problem. There are also shuttles to K Mart and Walmart.








It was a nice day but not as warm and not as sunny as Ken would have liked.

I did our shopping. We have tee shirts for the little ones and Kona Coffee and candy for Frank and Pam. This cough is not getting better so I got some cough medicine. I still have a few cough drops left. I will get more tomorrow when we are on Maui. This is the third time I have ended up with this bad cough when on a cruise. I am not impressed!!

Kauai’s known for its feral chickens and they can be seen everywhere as well as on tee shirts and other souvenirs.








We came back to the ship for lunch. This was French Fry day. I had my fries and a hot dog and iced tea and lemonade. Then it was back here to the cabin to just relax.

We got good pictures of the lighthouse and the tug and the flying bridge at sail away.








We met at Randy and Janeen’s for pre dinner drinks and then we were off to dinner. I had wanted to go to the Miguel Washington show tonight but laughing makes me begin to cough so we came back here.

We stopped for a few minutes to enjoy a few of the numbers being done in the Vista Longue. Tonight’s show was Motor City. We always enjoy that one.








 We are watching TV and relaxing. It is a beautiful tropical evening.

Tomorrow we have a tour in the morning and we meet Janet and her husband for lunch and a visit. We have to be ready to tender at eight so it will be early morning for sure. I can’t believe our cruise is half over.


No comments: