Monday, January 28, 2019

SEA DAY


Sea Day and Formal night.

This is the first sea day of this cruise. We began it by sleeping a bit late and then having a leisurely breakfast in the restaurant. As usual we met some interesting people.

Then I headed for the SPA to get my hair set. The young lady did an excellent job. I resisted the temptation to purchase several products. She tried to convince me to purchase a bottle of moisturizer. It was a special body lotion to use after having gotten a sunburn. It was a special sale and I could get it for the low price of 74 dollars. I passed.





Next I checked out the shopping show and again I resisted temptation.

Ken and I had a light lunch at the international cafe. We watched the horse races and I posted the blog for Princess Cays.



Then I saw what they were doing with the vegetable carving. They had some giant carrots and they even created a lobster,.








It was not long before it was time to get ready for the Captain's welcome party and the champagne waterfall.

I was going to wear my fuchia outfit but I am so red from the sun burn that I would really clash with the dress. Instead I opted for blue.

We met at Fred and Mary's and we took our canapes there. Together we headed for dinner. It was very good as usual.







After dinner we headed for Crooners Lounge to listen to the musical offerings of Kory Simon. It was a lot of fun.





We conferred and it was decided that we would leave the ship at 8:30 to meet our tour guide.
Tomorrow we are in San Juan , Puerto Rico. This will be the first time we have been there.



2 comments:

Carol said...

Carolyn, just heard re the fire on the Cays. So scary. You were lucky to have spent the day there before this happened. Hope your skin is healing well. Sunshine here.

dslrig said...

Good for you resisting that sales pitch in your hour of need!! Remember natures salve----the inside pulpy part of the Aloe Vera leaf [all over the ship in those displays!!] rubbed lightly on the affected area. J