Monday, January 21, 2019

First Full Day


First full Day of our cruise,


This is the first full day and it is a sea day so relaxation is the order of the day.

We slept in a little and then headed for the dining room to have breakfast. They serve from 7 till 9 and we got there with 15 minutes to spare. We shared a table with very nice people. The only name I remember is Maria. But we did enjoy the visiting.
Next I dropped off my entry for the Wake Show trivia. I would learn that I was too late because they tape very early. Should have dropped it in before breakfast. Note to self for tomorrow.

When I tried to check my computer this morning I learned that all of my minutes were gone!! I guess it did not get turned off properly after all. I went down to the Internet cafe and stood in line with almost a hundred others who were also having problems. I guess I was not so technically challenged as I thought. Many had the same problem.
Anyway I stood in line for an hour and it took less that 2 minutes to get my minutes back and I was on my way.
They have a new internet package called Medallion. Apparently it is VERY fast but they charge $9.00 a day and you have to buy for every day of your voyage. It gives you unlimited minutes for one device for that price. I do not know if it will ever be given to ELITE passengers at no cost. But I do know that what we do have is VERY slow. You will not be getting many pictures. I will send you the link to the book when I get it written and you can see all of the pictures then. This slow speed is very annoying. Fred has the other expensive package and he says it is even faster than what he has at home. But $126.00 US for that seems to be a bit much. We will see if I change my mind.

Anyway after the fix I dropped in at the ten dollar sale and I got a lovely pashmina. It is cream and gold and it will be great for formal nights.

After having a big breakfast we were not really hungry so we passed on lunch.

This is a formal night and our canapes arrived around four. We took them with us when we went to Fred and Mary's for pre dinner drinks. Then we went to dinner for the 5:30 seating. Dinner was great as usual and we had a fun visit. I had a tapas evening with 4 appetizers instead of a main course.
This was the captain's welcome party so we got glasses of champagne on our way to the theatre.










After dinner we went to the show. The singer was really great. About the best ever. He did everything from opera to Satchmo. His name is Lou Gazzara
Tonight is a full eclipse of the moon but it is not exactly clear so I will stay and try to get you people caught up on the news and Ken would try to see the eclipse.

We both gave up and called it a night right around midnight.

Tomorrow is Grand Cayman.

No comments: