Sunday, April 28, 2019

Stop Aborted

The winds are too high so we will not be making the planned stop in San Juan Del Sur. We were looking forward to this stop, we were disappointed here before.:-(

I will get to finish my book and perhaps see the movie Green Book.


The day was perfect. We had breakfast in our room because that is what we had planned when we thought we had an excursion. They brought a wonderful bowl of blueberries to have with our cereal. They were delicious. Yesterday they delivered 2 bowls with strawberries and blueberries. So yummy. When we had eaten I finished my book. It is titled Education and it is by Tara Westover . I do recommend it.

After breakfast we walked a little and entered the Wake Show contest. Then I went to the store and picked up a fleece. Then we decided to go to the international cafe and had a special coffee.

We came back to the room and I watched the movie The Green Book. It is amazing and worth all of the hype. Se it if you can.

Ken went topside to get some sun. After the movie I went upstairs to the Horizon Court and picked up lunch for us both.


Carol was absent from the dinner table so Ken and I were alone. We are very disappointed with our table and the absence of the other people who were assigned to our table. This is the first time in 48 cruises that we have been so disappointed.

Dinner was good however, as usual.

The show tonight was "On The Bayou" It was written especially for the small venue which on this ship is the Universe Lounge and on others it is the Vista. This is the best show ever. We loved everything about it.





The orchestra entered the venue from the back playing New Orleans style music and at the end they led a parade to the atrium for a Mardi Gras celebration and the balloon drop party.
I was amazed at how many people joined in and danced. Fusion provided the music






We were sorry that we did not know about this party because if we knew we would have brought our Mardi Gras masks and our beads.


I made an appointment to get a shampoo and roller set tomorrow because tomorrow is the special lunch with the captain and the officers. I am so excited about being invited.

So a sea day and the special lunch is what is special about tomorrow.

No comments: