Monday, April 22, 2019

Easter Sunday

We began the day with a 7 o'clock wake up call.. Breakfast began at 7:30 and there was an Easter service scheduled for nine o'clock. There were 6 Canadians at the table which was different.

The service was not up to the usual Princess standard but it was good that they had a service.

The ship was beautifully decorated. Lots of Easter Eggs and balloons.







When the service was over we went back to our room and I picked up the bunny ears and the chocolate eggs that I had brought from home. I walked around the atrium passing out eggs and wishing people a Happy Easter. I made so many people smile. I had at least a hundred eggs and I gave people one each.


The next thing on our list was attending the meet and greet. We met several people and 5 of the officers appeared. The made statements but they did not stay to answer questions which was a surprise. I passed out eggs here also. I gave out all but 2 which I saved for Ken.


The next thing was to go and make our poster for the canal passage. Several people would have paid me almost anything for the pictures that I printed and brought with me.
Our sign will be on our balcony along with our Canadian flag.


This was formal night so we had to spend some time primping .



There was a special Easter bread as part of the Easter Dinner. It was very tasty and was something we had not eaten before. It was a nice light bread and there was a sweet custard like sauce over it. Yummy!!!


Tonight was the champagne waterfall. We did not wait to hear the captain or get a glass of champagne. We had wine with dinner .



The show in the Princess Theatre was "The Secret Silk". It was spectacular and even though we saw it before we thoroughly enjoyed seeing it again.

We finished our day but going to the International Cafe for a specialty coffee. The took our old beat up card.
Easter Sunday and the first full day of our cruise has come to an end.





No comments: