Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Tuesday?

Monday's activities...

We were treated to a beautiful sunrise, a perk of being on the port side.




Then we went to breakfast. Things were very confusing and staff were having a hard time. It took almost an hour and a half and I never did get the raisins and cinnamon for my oatmeal. Oatmeal with just milk and no sugar or extras is really not that tasty.

I took in the destination lecture.

Ken took in the science lecture

I checked out EFFY's and that made me an offer I refused. They would sell me the earrings to match my watercolour pendant for a mere $2295.00 but if I bought the matching $4195.00 ring they would sell me both for not the total of $7190.00 but I could have the set for the small sum of $3900.00.

As I said I turned that down. Oh yes those figures were in US funds.


I did check out the towel folding display. They were not showing us how to fold but how they folded. 






Dinner was good as usual. After dinner we took in the show in the Princess theatre. It featured Donna Campbell. Nothing to brag about.






Then Leo and Pauline and Ken and I went to Good Spirits. I had a coke. They have the drink package and they having taking this opportunity to test different exotic beverages. Last night it was one with raspberry puree.









Now I want to talk about time changes.  Right now it is 9:22 am ships time, and at home in Abbotsford it is 12:24 pm. Today is Wednesday February 8th on the ship but it is Tuesday Feb 7th at home, I think. 

At around 4:00 pm ships time yesterday we crossed  the international dateline and it went from Monday afternoon to  ???

. We  lost a day .

There was not a patter dated Tuesday February 7th

My question is how should I date the blog postings? When I post this  will I tell you that it is Tuesday or will I tell you that it is Wednesday? How will I date things from this point on? 

Here is what the Patter told us

International Date Line Crossing

( 7th February 2023- Day Omitted)

Time Zone : GMT -11 to GMT +13

Ships date and time zone will be changed at 00:00 from 

Monday 6th February, GMT -11 to Wednesday , 8th February GMT+13


Will I get that day back? Will we ever end up on the same day? Will it be done one hour at a time and we circle the globe? Questions that need to be answered in the next 91 days...What fun!!


My science guy husband tells me that nothing has changed. The earth is still turning as it should.. We have lost nothing...just the notation has changed.Am I glad that my birthday was not February 7th??

2 comments:

sandy in spain said...

Losing or gaining an hour several times is bad enough. but when it comes to changing at the International date line, that's a whole different kettle of fish....Bet you can't wait to get to sydney one of my favourite places. Last time we were there found a lovely, fabulous button shop in the road just opposite Circular Quay Think road is called nurses walk. But not sure that you dock at Circular Quay these days. (only if Ship is too big to fit under the Bridge) Enjoy it all....wish we were there

Debbie and Gary S said...

I enjoyed reading this post, love your humor and I would wonder the same thing. I’m pretty sure you did get it back somewhere along the cruise. 😊