Friday, February 3, 2023

Day 16 , A Sea Day

 This is Friday February 3rd I think.  Yesterday was the second but this site says that yesterday's blog was published on February 3rd. You think I am confused now we cross the date line Saturday or Sunday ( I think)

Yesterday morning I woke early as is my habit, and I began to work on the blog like I am doing now. BUT yesterday I thought I got up at six ships time but there had been a time change and it was actually five. But my time change last night and it is 6:23 right now.

Because yesterday was a sea day I do not have a lot to report. When we first started cruising we kept very busy on sea days but now that is not the case. The reason is partly because we have seen and done most activities many times and also because being older we are more appreciative of time to just sit and watch the waves and the clouds.

After breakfast I went to the destination lecture. Deb was telling us about Papo Papo which is our port tomorrow. This name is pronounced many different ways but I now know the proper way is long pong of the ping pong game. It is PONG Go, PONG Go. On other cruises we have gone to Apia which is another island in this archipelago. It is another tropical paradise like Moorea.

Then I went up to deck 1 to check on the duck. It had been found. I hope the person who found it reports it.




While there I took another couple of pictures of the conservatory. It is such a lovely place to just relax.




In the afternoon Ken went to an enrichment lecture on stars etc. There is a science professor on board and he will be doing a series of talks as well as night views of the sky when the weather permits. They will turn off the lights at the back of the ship to reduce light pollution.


This was a formal night so we did our usual gusseying up. Unfortunately we did not get someone to take our photo as we did last time. We tried doing pictures ourselves in our cabin. They are not good because of the lighting. I will try to edit them later today.


The show last night was a comedian and he was quite good. He did a lot of jokes about being old or as Ken says older. He catered to his audience. His name is Simon Cotter.


I almost lost my voice during the evening. This throat is not behaving, so after the show I returned to the cabin for an early night. I did a test and it is not Covid. This morning things are about the same but I suspect this is going to turn into one of those nasty colds that I seem to get when I go cruising. I hope not. So I am drinking juice and lots of fluids and popping vitamin pills and napping a lot.


Tonight is the Captain's Circle party.






1 comment:

dslrig said...

How does one report a loitering duck in the tropics??
Enjoying these vicarious travels.
Bob and Janet