Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Happy Valentines Day

 It might be 7am but it is Valentines Day here in the Tasman Sea. There are lots of clouds but lots of blue sky as well. The Tasman Sea is known to be rough and it is living up to its name today.

There are large deep troughs in the sea. The ship shutters as it goes up and down into the waves. The ship is creaking and there are lots of strange sounds. There was lots of motion in the ocean last night but just enough to rock you to sleep, not enough to keep you awake. We are about to head down to breakfast and I will let you know how we made out.

Yuck, within a one minute I suddenly got sick, dry wrenching and all. I was ready to head to the dining room but plans changed. I did manage to get a gravol tablet in and it stayed down. I laid down and slept for about an hour and a half. When I woke I was feeling almost normal. We then went topside to Horizon Court because the dining room was closed . I was able to eat a bowl of oatmeal so things are looking up for sure.


The dining room was nicely decorated for this holiday.




We kept our lunch date with Julia and Ken. I felt a lot better and was able to enjoy the lunch. There were decorations there as well.






Because we have had 3 ports cancelled I decided to finalize the pictures of the Xmas ornament I have. There was another sale here and I got a star fish with no name and a dolphin wearing a Santa Hat with the words Caribbean on its side.






When we got back to our room I took another Gravol for insurance. The sea is still rocking but is much calmer than this morning. The pools are netted which is wise I am shocked by how wild the water in the pools is.





Dinner was extra special tonight because it was Valentines Day. I enjoyed the surf and turf and enjoyed a special treat of the Princess Love boat instead of my usual sugar free dessert.






Tonight the show featured Will Martin. He is absolutely fantastic. He sings everything from opera to pop I loved every minute of his performance. For the first time ever I went to the shop and purchased one of his CDs . I even got my picture taken with him. 
I will be using his CD for inspiration while I paint.









That brought the evening to a close. I am happy to tell you that the seas have calmed down and I expect to have a very good nights sleep.
Tomorrow is the last sea day before Melbourne and it is a formal night.



3 comments:

sandy in spain said...

Glad you're feeling better

Pescado Amarillo said...

Congratulations on surviving the Tasman Sea crossing. It’s definitely challenging at times.

dslrig said...

Don't forget the tried and true sea sick treatment from the Prince Rupert commercial fishermen.........FRIES AND GRAVY !!
Worked for us!
Bob and Janet