Tuesday, February 28, 2023

3 Sea Days

 Because bad weather kept us from going to Darwin we have an extra sea day, three instead of two.

The chat around the ship is saying that missing Darwin is going to mean that there will be fewer food choices during the next week. Our next stop for supplies is in Singapore on March 5th.


Gossip says that The Coral is full of covid and the mask mandate is back. I will let you know if that gets confirmed. There are lots of colds and coughs on board but not much covid.

 The ship has been traveling quite slowly. He does have extra time and  the slower speed reduces the amount of bouncing we feel. and the amount of fuel he uses.It wasn't too bad last night and we both slept well. 

When we went to breakfast the waiter gave us a window facing table. At first I was enjoying it . However the dining room is on deck 5 which is near water level and soon the motion of the ocean began to get to me. The waves are quite deep today and watching them roll motivated me to ask that the curtains be closed . As a precaution I took a gravol tablet.

There was a destination lecture about Komota Island and the dragons and I went there right after breakfast. It was not boring, in fact it was quite interesting. BUT soon the gravol was taking its toll and I kept falling asleep.

As soon as the lecture was done I returned to the cabin and went to sleep. I felt quite normal after a quick nap.


We had lunch at Horizon court and when I returned here I changed the door decorations. I took down the Mardi Gras items


I used the quiet time to put up some St. Patrick's Day decorations. I brought entirely too much with me so there are door trims and indoor trims also.





While doing those changes I decided to put away the Xmas decoration that I have so far collected. I had them pose for a group photo. I already have 19 items. This may turn out to be quite the collection by May 11.




I decided to answer the question for the wake show and I won. The prize was a pen with this written on it " I'm a Wakeshow Winner @ cruisedirectorandi"



Tonight was a production show with the singers and dancers. It was great, perhaps the best yet.





Time to call it a day. I don't think we will sit out on the balcony to enjoy a rum and coke, the sea is still a bit rough.

1 comment:

sandy in spain said...

The number of Christmas decorations have mounted up, soon be St Patricks day now. Hope the seas calm down for you during the next few days and Covid passes you by.