Sunday, January 22, 2023

Sun and Warmth Have Arrived


Last evening I hit our first duck. I placed it over one of the elevator signs. Then I went up a partial flight of stairs and watch as someone found the duck.We have decided that if we hide one every Saturday and every Wednesday out 38 ducks will last till the end of the cruise.




















 This is a beautiful sunny warm Sunday morning.

I woke early and went out on the balcony to get a picture of the sunrise. The air is soft and humid and the sea is almost calm. We are almost to Hawaii. Warm weather here we come.




We went to the Bordeau dining room for breakfast. As usual we asked to share a table. We were seated with 2 couples who made us look like newbies. One couple is The Most Traveled Passengers, (from California). The other couple has been invited to the luncheon. The cut off  to get invited to that special lunch for this cruise is 1032 days at sea. So the top 40 passengers have more than 1032 days on a princess ship. Our 550 days looks like a very small mumber in comparison. Listening to them recount some of their experiences was really interesting.

We learned that our room steward DaDa is going to be with us for the entire 4 months. He is excellent at his job so it will be great to have him.

We decided to sort of skip lunch. We were thirsty around eleven so we went upstairs to Horizon court th have a drink, iced tea fome and lemonade for him. We shared a slice of banana bread and Ken had some fruit. Since it was so close to lunch we decided to skip lunch and just have dinner. We eat early so skipping would work out.  Around 1:30 I felt strange. I tested my sugar and I was down to 3.6, not good!! I ate a piece of chocolate and then called room servive and ordered a club sandwich. Before long my blood sugar was up to 5.6. I learned my lesson, no more skipping meals.




We got dressed up fot dinner. This is a formal night. Our canape arrived late so we left them for later. Tonight was the champagne waterfall and the captains welcome etc.

After dinner we went to the show at the theatre for the show ENCORE.

Tomorrow is another sea day.




2 comments:

dslrig said...

Looking pretty sharp in that new tux Ken !!!

Gary and Debbie S. said...

You both look marvelous!