Thursday, January 19, 2023

Beginning

 We slept well and felt alive when morning arrived. 

We went downstairs and had a very nice breakfast that was included. It was a great buffet with almost anything you could think of. After breakfast we went back to our room and relaxed to wait for time to head for the shuttle. 

When we came down there were more demonstrations of just how many suitcases a person would pack. I would love to be a fly on the wall when they try to unpack and store all of those things.





The ride was only about 10 minutes and it was only about 15 minutes and we were on the ship. Such a smooth embarkation.

Our room is nice and the balcony is one of the larger ones. 

The first thing I saw as I entered the room was a lovely bouquet of yellow roses. Kim is the best TA ever.








We did the safety thing and went to lunch in the dining room. I had the crab cakes...yummy

After lunch we tried to do some unpacking and we were all set by the time it was time to head down to the dining room. 

WE have been assigned a table with a couple from Australia. ( Leo and Pauline)

They are lovely people and we have decided to share that table throughout this sigment. I had a fruit salad and seared scallops. A great first night meal.

We went tp the show and comedian Michael Joiner was the feature. I enjoyed laughing and relaxing. The cruise director told us the numbers...312 Canadians, 1484 Americans, and a total of 1933 guests. 

It was a perfect beginning to our cruise. The one difficulty is the fact that our room is cold. We asked for service but so far it is still chilly in here. Our room steward brought us a large blanket to top our bed. It looks cozy.

Also I cannot find the lightning cord to allow our cell phone pictures to be downloaded to this computer. I will switch to my camera so I can send you some photos. I am not please about that. I was counting on being able to use the cell phone camera I may see what the photo people have to say. Perhaps they have a cord to sell or know how I can do that download without a cord.




2 comments:

dslrig said...

Enjoying this already!
Your lovely yellow roses reminded me that on Holland America in October the ships florist renewed/refreshed our flowers on request for $10 a time. Will Princess meet ? Worth asking.!

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, if you can’t work out a cord solution, try the Apple Store in Honolulu (assuming you have iPhones).