Wednesday, September 14, 2022

We are on board!

 Stewart and Ellenor arrived right on time and we loaded the luggage and away we went.The GPS directions were printed and Ellenor helped to make certain we were in the right place. It was only an hour and we were unloaded and on our way to the ship. 

There were perhaps hundreds of people there but the line moved really smoothly and we had no problems. 

As we boarded the ship there was a line of staff holding hearts and cheering us with words of welcome.

The atrium was decorated with many welcome signs. It seem that that are as happy to see us as we are to see them.







Our room was ready for us when we arrived. The wonderful surprise of a large bouquet of roses was waiting for us. Kim never fails to surprise us and make us feel so special. 






The safety drill is something you do on your own. First you watch the drill on your stateroom television and then you go to your muster station the sign in. Thay involves tucking your medalion to a screen and confirming your room number.

Then we headed to the DaVinci dining room on deck 6. As usual Princess did herself proud. I had bay shrimp and avacado as my starter and baked salmon for the mail course. I asked for and received fresh fruit for dessert. They even brought me iced tea. A perfect start. 

Next we decided to walk around the ship and explore it. We stopped at the art gallery along the way. Because of people boarding and supplies being loaded some areas of the promanade deck were blocked. But we simply retraced our steps and had a good walk.


Next we went to our room. Our luggage had arrived and choo brought the ice bucket abd ice along with 2 champagne glasses. We would be ready for the sail away toast. 

I wasn't certain that I remembered the time and location of our dining reservation. Frustration set in. Then I could not get the computer to connect. Well after I washed and dressed for dinner I decided to go to the internet cafe to ask for help. George was a great help and in just minutes I had internet and I knew that our dinner reservation was for six at Bottacelli.

We had some of our champagne and stood on the balcony waving at the people on shore. In minutes the ship was backing up. That was not normal. Soon the captain come on the speakers to tell us that because of technical problems they were returning to the dock and hoped to have repairs made right away. The plan was to be underway at 3:30 so that we would not miss the tide at Seymour Narrows. It is now 4:32 and we are still tied up. Unless the repair happens soon and I mean really soon we will not be getting to Seymour narrows on this tide. 

I will keep you informed. But I am on a cruise ship being treated like a queen so I really don't care where the ship is or isn't!!


Well we drank champagne and changed our clothes for dinner. We are at a table for 8 and everyone is so nice and friendly. We decided we would like to sit together for the entire cruise so we made those arrangements with the Maitre d. One couple, Joan and Bob are from Eagle Mountain and she is a retired teacher. The other group of three are from the Sacramento region. The group is a husband and wife and son. I do not remember their names, I will have it tomorrow. I think this will be a fun group.

There was another man from Louisianna. He is traveling with his 92 year old mother and sister. He will not become part of our group

 because he will eat with them. His name is Bruce.


Now back to our mechanical issue. Apparently there is a problem with the propulsion and they are still working to correct it.

I sure hope they do not decide to send us home.


It has been a long day so I am going to close it and head for dreamland.

Till tomorrow.

No comments: