Friday, February 13, 2015

No Trisikaidekaphobia?

This is Friday the 13th and I don’t feel at all unlucky.
The sun is not shining but it is still a beautiful day. Ken has gone to another scholarship at Sea session and I am at the International Café. This morning I plan to take in the vegetable carving event. These guys are amazing and I am always impressed no matter how many times I see them perform their magic. Radish roses are a challenge for me.

Then I am going to a presentation on  Ammolite . I have been to one before but they are drawing for a 250.00 pendant so I figure I should take it in again.
Then there is a crafting workshop to make a Valentines card and since I neglected to purchase one on shore I figure I had better make a card for Ken.
Then I am not certain what the rest of the day will bring. I guess that will depend on whether or not the sun decides to shine. We turned the clocks forward again last evening so we are back on Pacific time. Kern never changes his watch so as of today it is again telling the correct time.
Now to finish the report on yesterday.
I accomplished very little in the morning but then I decided to go to the Larimar presentation which was happening at eleven o’clock. A few years ago, on the Star I think, we bought a pendant with a tear drop shaped piece of Larimar and a drop fresh water pearl. Ever since then we have searched for earrings to match. We even went through catalogues in Langley with no success. Well to my complete surprise that had the matching earrings on board. They were having a special promotion and as a result I got a 20 percent discount and I am now the proud owner of the earrings to match my pendant. I learned that the collection is called ALISA and there are only 2 parts, the pendant and the earrings. It was a Happy Valentines Day gift a couple of days early




We decided to skip lunch since we had eaten in the dining room for breakfast. We shared and orange and a banana.
I went to the workshop to make a lei using fresh orchids. They gave us 20 blossoms and I really think we needed 30 to make a nicer lei. But I did complete mine and I will wear it in a couple of days with my Bora Bora dress. Perhaps that will be the last formal night. It is too bad that we cannot take them ashore with us but US agricultural regulations forbid it.






We basically had downtime for most of the rest of the day.
Each evening there is a special reception with snacks and a drink special in the One Five. It is for Platinum and Elite passengers. Ken and I had not done it yet this cruise so we decided that this was the day. We dressed for dinner and headed for Deck 15. This was a chance for me to wear my newly acquired earrings with the matching pendant. Luckily I had brought the pendant with me.
I ordered a coke and Ken had his first Ultimate Mai Tai. The snacks were lovely fresh fruits and vegetables as well as steak tartar.





We finished our cocktails and at 5:40 we headed for the Botticelli Dining room on deck 6. When we arrived everyone else was already there. Dinner was grand as usual and there was another Norman Love Chocolate dessert.
After dinner we went up to the Vista Lounge and we took in the Hawaiian show starring Elua. They were very good and we especially enjoyed the passengers doing the Hula. I have decided that I will take the lessons the next time we cruise to Hawaii.
After the show we returned to our room and called it a night. No special coffee and brandy tonight.
Tomorrow is another sea day.


The thirteenth continues:
Well I was able to see the vegetable carvers. They had a Valentine theme and as usual their creations were amazing.
Then I was off to the seminar on Ammolite. I learned a bit but I did not win the prize. It amazes me how I never win when there are only a couple of dozen others and yet I hope to win the lottery.
After the draw I got into line for making the valentines Card and to my disappointment they ran out of space before I got to the front of the line.
The next item on my schedule was the backstage tour. It was held in the Princess theatre. During the Q&A I asked how to find out where Mauritzio was performing and I was told to call head office and ask for the entertainment department and they would be able to help me.
By now it is lunch time so I went up to the buffet and picked up a couple of sandwiches and 2 cookies. I brought them back to the room and Ken and I enjoyed them on the balcony.
There was  Rum tasting this afternoon. They were giving away a bottle of the good stuff but we decided that it would be just our luck to win it and then not have enough weight allowance to be able to take it home. So we didn’t go.
We did however dress for dinner early and then go to the art gallery. Ken had seen a couple of pieces that he liked and he wanted to show them to me.
Tonight is Italian night and that meant we could get the shooter glasses. Well I needed a glass with the ship on it to complete my set and Juan could not get one for me. After dinner we went to the Vista to watch the show with Bernie Fields. He is a harmonica virtuoso whose popular, classical and Jazz musical abilities just blew our minds. He was amazing indeed.
After the performance I began to go to all of the restaurants and bars to ask if anyone had a shooter glass with the ship on it. I went everywhere and then I decided to go to Sabatini’s… afterall that is the Italian Restaurant and the shooters are used to serve lemonchello . Success at last!! I was able to get a glass and now my set is complete!!!
Ken went up to deck 16 aft for the stargazing and I decided to try to complete the blog. So here I am.
Tomorrow is Valentines Day and it is Formal night and we have a lunch date with Martin and Elizabeth.






No comments: