Monday, February 16, 2015

Sunday, almost over:-(

February 15th,
Well this is Sunday, our last Sunday on board for at least a few months. So we have decided to have breakfast in the dining room. Tomorrow we are in Ensenada and then on Tuesday we disembark. We got our luggage tags and disembarkation times yesterday and we are on our way at 8:45.:-(
Yesterday there was NO internet access and there is none this morning. I will catch up anyway and perhaps it will have to wait until tomorrow to be posted.
Yesterday was Valentine Day and all over the ship there were red and white decorations and balloons. There was a re-enactment of Vows at noon lead by Captain Poggi, which was very nice. We began our day with a room service breakfast and then we headed for the Princess Theatre because Gary Shahan was doing a talk on Route 66. It was grand. He traced the route from its beginning in Chicago to New Mexico. ( we will complete the trip today) It was a hoot. He reminded us of the history and what was happening at the time. He would play the top song of each year and we would sing along. Everyone seemed to know every word. AT ONE POINT HIS COMMENT WAS… WE CAN’T TIE OUR SHOES, WE CAN’T REMEMBER WHAT WE HAD FOR DINNER LAST NIGHT BUT WE REMEMBER EVERY WORD OF THIS SONG.. WHY IS THAT” The song at the time was Purple People Eater. Laughter rained for most of the hour. The talk was televised and so we watched it again last night before we shut off the light.
After the talk I went to the Pizza to watch the renewal of Vows.
Next I met Ken in our Stateroom and we waited until it was time to meet Martin and Elizabeth for lunch.
We met them outside of the \crown Grill and since there was no Pub Lunch in the grill we made our way to the dining room. They were featuring Peach Bellini for only three dollars as a Valentine special. Both Elizabeth and I had one. We gave the guys a sip. We had a great visit and soon it was time to head out. I was off to the info session on Mexican Fire Opals and they were off to play Bridge, and Ken came back to our balcony to get some sun.
By mid afternoon we were back here showering and getting ready for formal night. There was a message on the phone saying that they were out of strawberries and so they would be delivering home made chocolates instead of the usual chocolate covered strawberries. …..such a hardship!! They were very good!
Because it was formal night and Valentine Day there were so many red formal outfits, beautiful gowns. I wore my Bora Bora dress and my orchid lei. Ken honored the occasion by wearing his red shirt with his tux. This was lobster night again and I enjoyed the escargot as my first course. There was another Chocolate Journey by Norman Love.
This was the captain’s farewell party and we were treated to free rum punches. The shows were British Invasion and the pianist Ryan Ahern. I would have considered MUTS but it was quite chilly outside so we went back to our rooms and enjoyed Gary again. There was still no internet access so I couldn’t postL

Well we just returned from breakfast. We sat with one couple from Calgary and one couple from Utah. That made for an interesting fun morning. I decided to splurge and I had poached eggs on toast instead of my usual oatmeal.
Then we had to go back to our room because we forgot our pills.  Right now Ken is walking around the promenade deck and I am in the library. We wanted to vacate our room so Enrique had a chance to clean. I am not walking because of my ankle. When I overdo it the swelling appears early so to take care of my ankle I am not walking. That is my excuse and I am sticking with it.
At ten thirty I will go to the Lucky Losers Draw. That is an event where all those raffle tickets that did not win a prize during the cruise are put into a hat for a second chance. They actually make several draws. I have not won anything on either cruise so I am still hoping for a lucky draw.

Yeah!! I won a bottle of Champagne!! I wonder if I can bring it to dinner to share with everyone??  I also answered 2 trivia questions and won 2 of those DI charms.
I was hoping I could post my big winnings right now but there is still no internet access. :-(
After the big drawings I met Ken in the Princess Theatre for the end of Gary’s trip along Route 66. It was good , it was very good, just as good as yesterday’s presentation. Lots of laughs were had by all.
Now it is warm and the balcony is great so I think I may just put on my swim suit and see if I can get some sun. Actually it is too late to get a tan now but it will be a nice relaxing way to spend a couple of hours until it is time to go to the Red Hat get together at 3:15.
I sat in the sun for 15 minutes and then I came into the stateroom to begin packing. I have almost everything packed, except for what I need for the next 2 days and so far I am at 37 pounds so I am in great shape. Yeah. My purchases are not heavy.
Next event was a meeting for Red Hatters. Eventually 5 of us got together, they were from Oregon and Washington and California as well as me from BC. We chatted for about a half hour.
Then I went to The Wheelhouse Bar and picked up 2 Mai Tai and brought them back to the room. From 3 till 4 they have happy hour and I got 2 for one. I figured we should take advantage of that at least once and we are running out of days.
When I got back with the drinks Ken was packing. He also had good luck with the weight. It looks as if we will be fine.
We left for dinner early because tonight was the concert by the Grand Princess Pop Choir. They were good and we had fun listening to them. We are thinking it is about time we took part in that activity.
I asked Alejandro if I could bring the champagne to the table tomorrow night and he said yes. So tomorrow night we will be toasting the cruise.
Dinner was good as usual and I had the sugar free dessert. It was a coconut cake. We did lots of visiting about UFO’s and Déjà vu.
Then after dinner we stopped by Crooners and listened to some Hawaiian music by Elua. Then back to our room.
Another day had come to the end and we have only one more night. Tuesday we will be in Abbotsford.

Still no internet so the posting will have to wait.

1 comment:

sandy in spain said...

MMMM free pina colada samples, yummee. We travelled Route 66 some years ago in our youth. Great news winning a bottle of champagne,hope you enjoyed it