Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Monster Cold!!!

I have concluded that this is the  cold from hell. I cough and cough and cough. It sounds like whooping cough. I can't sleep and I can't eat and I am going through enough meds and tissue to cure 6 colds. There have been times when I am sure I heard the death rattle my grandmother used to talk about. But I did get a little rest last night so perhaps that is a good sign. I am so glad I got this at the end of the cruise and not the beginning!!!!

We are settle in at the Westgate Palace resort, on the 14th floor, looking out over a lot of stuff including the resort pool. We are looking at the attraction called Wet and Wild. It is an amazing waterpark. I am pretty sure Universal is out there as well. At night there are fireworks which should mean Disney World but I have been too sick to pay much attention. I only know there are lots and lots of colored lights as far as the eye can see.

Yesterday, we went down by the pool for the owners continental breakfast. Then I laid around and coughed for a few hours, then we went out to Walmart and got some groceries. We sure can't go out to eat when I have this horrible cough. Anyway the condo is a 2 bedroom with capabilities to sleep 6. There are 2 full baths, one with a shower for 2 and the other has a soaker tub and a shower. There are 3 flat screen tv's a living room dining room kitchen combination room. The kitchen is fully equipped and I do mean fully. The only thing that is missing so far is napkins. No food at all, not even coffee.
We rented a car and it is a Toyota corolla, and it is very nice. Ken is doing the driving of course and he has yet to figure out the cruise control but I have solved the AC. 

It is not really a surprise but our suitcases are overweight... imagine that... They weren't overweight when we left. Could it be that I shopped too much??
 Not me!! It has to be that snorkel mask that Ken picked up.:-)
So we went to the post office and picked up one of those boxes where you pay a flat fee to send anything anywhere in the US if it fits into the box. We will send things to our US mail box. We got the large size. It really isn't large but the box is free and it goes for 18.00 to ship and it should hold all of the heavy things. I bought hot sauces and other cooking things not even considering that they would weigh too much.  That is a much better solution than buying another suitcase and paying 35.00 to include it. We will send it on Friday. Sometime today we will see how much it will handle and see if it solves our weight problem.

We are supposed to be meeting our friends, Nancy and Cliff from Cocoa Florida on Thursday. We are meeting for dinner. They are coming to Orlando instead of us driving to Cocoa. Our rental has unlimited mileage so it would not matter; either way would have been fine.

We will check out some of the attractions and see what might interest us. I don't like rides because I get sick but I would like to go to Epcot. BUT it looks as if the tickets are 100.00 US per person. I am not impressed. We will see. There are a few different dinner theatre things that look interesting. We will see what we decide to do. The pool here is great and they have it nice and warm so I can see us spending time there.

We fly out at 7 am on Sunday morning. Len and Ellenor are coming into Richmound to pick us up. We get to Abby around two pm. Except for this dumb ass cold this adventure has been perfect.

No comments: