Friday, November 9, 2018

Second of three


Second of three,
This was a Rock and Roll Day. The captain came on and announced that the open decks would be closed because we were having 2 to 3 meter swells and it was expected to go to 5 to 6 meter swells later in the day and into the evening.
We went to breakfast and then looked for the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet. Vickie was there and she brought us poppies. We had forgotten ours and she had extra that she was kind enough to share with us. We are meeting them the day after the Azores.
 The get together was well attended and I got the chance to ask about the coffee cards. We were told that the old cards would be honoured until the end of 2018 and then they were just so much garbage. I am angry about that policy change. It has been tradition that the cards would be honoured as long as you have punches left on the card. I do not think that they should be able to make that change without informing the passengers at least a couple of years ahead. Not everyone sails every few months and they should be given an opportunity to use their cards.. I feel that by cancelling the cards they are taking 50 dollars Canadian from me without my permission. I always thought that was the definition of theft. The profit margin on coffee is so large that it seems very chincy to make that move. I intend to write and let Princess know how I feel.





The other thing that came up was the fact that the extra chair has been removed from our rooms. Apparently someone complained that the chair took up too much room. I would like to know who that someone was and why their opinion was the only one that mattered. So now we have only the desk chair. When eating one of us has to sit on the new soft bed which is not good for our backs or for the lovely new linen. The last formal night Ken was using the chair so he could put on his shoes and socks and I was in the bathroom sitting on the toilet to put on my panty hose. Now tell me why that was a good idea. No one asked us if we wanted to get rid of the chair. We often treat ourselves to Champagne Breakfast but without a proper chair we will not be doing that on this cruise. I can only hope the the Royal still has the spare chair when we board in January, or the Coral when we board her in April. . I intend to give Princess my opinion on that also.
We decided to essentially skip lunch. I had a plum and half a banana.
Because the sea was so rough and it was a sea day we basically relaxed and did very little until it was time for dinner. I was surprised by the fact that I did not get sea sick. I wonder if I have finally gotten my sea legs. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Last evening Nancy and Tom finally showed up for dinner. They have been assigned to our table but they had not yet showed up. They seem very nice. They are from Austin Texas so now we have 4 Canadians and 4 Americans at the table. As usual it was an evening of laughter and visiting.
After the dinner we walked a little and then went to the Princess Theatre for the show. The performer was named David Coperfield but he was not the one we had heard of before. But he was really entertaining. He sang and he told jokes and he played the guitar and he interacted with the audience. We laughed had enough to have sore sides. He did not make anything disappear but he certainly was entertaining.
After the show we went upstairs to get some cheese and some a drink. It was quite rocky but quiet and pleasant.
Then we called it a night and let the sea rock us to sleep.


No comments: