Thursday, November 8, 2018

First of three


First of three
The only thing we had scheduled for today was to meet Patti about our tour in the Azores.
It is formal night so we will be dressing us.
Ken went to the lecture while I was meeting Patti. For lunch I went up to Horizon and got a sandwich for us both.
I watched a culinary presentation in the Piazza.
I took a siesta
We enjoyed the wine that Kim gave us along with the snacks we got from Princess while we dressed for dinner.





After dinner we got our pictures taken with Stanley. 





We ran into Vickie and Bernie when we were walking through the wheelhouse Bar. We have made plans to have lunch together. We mentioned that we have forgotten to bring poppies for Rembrance Day. Vickie said she would bring us one during the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet.
At eleven o’clock we were scheduled to sail past The Rock of Gibraltar. Ken wanted to see it and so we decided to stay up and try to get a glimpse. Unfortunately the rock was on the starboard side and our cabin is on the Port side. So we took off our formal clothes, put on warm casual clothes and waited for time to go topside. I stayed until about 11:15 and then returned to our cabin. Ken stayed out. Ouround midnight there was an announcement that the rock would be in view in ten minutes. I dressed again and went down to deck seven. I did see it but the view at midnight is really not all that spectacular. It was lit up but really I would have been wiser to just go to sleep.. But I can say that I have seen The Rock of Gibraltar.
Another sea day tomorrow.

No comments: