Monday, December 7, 2015

Third Full Sea Day

Third Full Day at Sea
The day began with another nautical mile on the jogging track and a beautiful sunrise, then I stopped at the buffet and picked up a coffee for Ken and I and fruit for me and a Danish for Ken.
We have been told that a magnificent Sunday brunch is a tradition and a special part of a world cruise and not other cruises. Since we have never experiences a Sunday brunch we believe it. But because this is a very special cruise there will be a Sunday brunch. It starts at 10:30 and goes until one, hense the very small breakfast.





Ten o’clock was to be a very special session of mixology featuring the regular bar staff and Isaac. Of course I had to go to that. The plan was for me to leave early and get pictures of the mixology. Ken was to go early and get into line for the brunch. I wanted to be certain to get photos of the food displays before they were decimated by the breakfast hungry passengers.
 It worked out perfectly. I got the pictures and a little video. When I got to the buffet Ken was saving us a place in line and was able to get great pictures. It was a feast to be sure, I can’t think of one thing that was missing. There were dozens of offerings plus there were chefs on duty to create omelets and eggs benedicts. Oscar Perego, the Maitre d’Hotel told me to feel free to take one of the menus. That will be great to put with my photobook.
The sea is a bit rolly today. It has been almost as smooth as glass up until today. After brunch I decided to return to the cabin, take a Gravol and have a rest. The movie was Woman in Gold, so I just relaxed and enjoyed the movie.
I was inside the cabin and I could hear people commenting on our door decorations. One left us a figure made from a facecloth. I heard one say it was Rudolph but the nose is not red. Lots of fun to be sure.!!





Around three thirty we decided to take advantage of happy hour and try an Isaac cocktail. We now have a new favorite. I plan to try to get the exact recipe and serve it during the holidays.







Next it was time to head for dinner. Scallops were the meal of choice this evening and they were wonderful, nice and tender and prepared just right.
After dinner we took in the comedy of Miguel Washington. He is so funny. We heard a couple that we want to tell Len but we probably won’t remember them.
The Love Boat deck party took us well into the night. We don’t usually take these deck parties  but I am so glad we went last night. It was wonderful, lots of dancing and singing with special dances by the Princess Singers and dancers and of course Jack Jones sang the Love Boat theme as the grand Finale.

We have to be up early for our shore excursion in Puerto Vallarta.

No comments: