Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sunday I think!!!

Sunday I think
It is amazing how time and days have very little meaning when you are cruising.
We are in La Paz today. It is COOL and the wind is blowing lots of dust around. On the dock a wonderful Mariachi band entertained for a long time. The men have beautiful voices and I wish I spoke Spanish. Whatever they are singing sounds very romantic. They are very determined to stand out there in the wind and the dust.
We do not have an excursion planned for today, but there are lots of vendors set up so we will probably go ashore and explore what they have for sale.
Because it was so windy I did my walking on a treadmill instead of on the jogging track.
After walking I picked up a couple of coffee and some fruit for me and Xmas bread for Ken. We ate in our room and enjoyed the music from our balcony.
After we had breakfast I decided that I wanted to roam the ship and take pictures before the Christmas decorations arrive tomorrow. Ken decided to come with me and I went everywhere. After taking dozens of photos the camera signaled that I was out of memory and I had to return to the cabin to get a new card.
By now I had lost Ken. When I got to deck Four Ted Lange was there. I mustered my courage and began a conversation with him. We chatted about the Underground Railroad and Harriet Tubman and his plays etc. It was wonderful we chatted for more than a half hour. I even had a picture taken with him and Doc who had arrived during our visit.





 I came back to the cabin and sure enough Ken was back here. I told him all about the encounter and I decided to go back and find Isaac ( Ted Lange) and give him our card. I found him on deck 5 and during this chat I told him the story of Ken and my romance. He loved our story and told me that I had made his day. But he made my cruise.
After that excitement we went topside and had lunch out in the fresh air. It was very nice. I even treated myself to a sugar free dessert.







 We came back to the cabin and Ken went to deck 10 to work on his tan and I went ashore to shop.
The set up on shore is very nice. You can buy many different crafts as well as have a cold beer in a beer tent.





I found a very nice black leather belt for Ken and I bought myself an amazing silver bracelet. It appears to be 17 bangles but it is one bracelet. After that purchase I headed back to the ship, afraid I might see something else that I liked.






After that I got some sun, had a rest and then got ready for dinner.
The wind was quite strong at sail away and the thrusters were doing their work to fight the wind and get us on our way.
This was Italian night in the dining room. We both had the scallops and we also had lemon chello to end the meal.There are no special glasses any more so the price was three instead of seven.
Next stop was the show with the singers and dancers. It was a new one for us… Cinematastic. We loved it. As usual there were wonderful costumes, quick changes and lots of energy.





After the show we had our special coffee with brandy.

A  perfect finish to an amazing day.

No comments: