Thursday, September 18, 2014

September 18

September 18, 2014
This is Thursday and tomorrow we will be in Newfoundland. The past 2 days have been an almost non- stop rest. We have had breakfast and lunch in our room and have made it out to the dining room for dinner. Ken has gone out for lunch with friends and events around the ship but I have been just resting my ankle. I did watch the movie Hitch starring Will Smith and I do recommend it.
My ankle is better but it is a lot more colourful and it is still swollen of course. In the mornings it is almost normal size but by evening it is back to being huge. There is little or no pain because I have been taking  ADVIL  every 8 hours. I must say I certainly was fortunate not to have hurt myself when we were in London. That would have caused a lot of trouble. I can’t imagine being able to do all of the touring we did with this injured foot.
The sea has been quite rough. I know the north Atlantic is supposed to be rough and I know that what we experienced was not at all record breaking but it certainly was thrilling. To look out your stateroom window and see green water is quite the thrill. Being at the front and being on deck five meant that the ship’s movement meant the waves came up over our window. We got several pictures and seeing it gave us the nervous giggles.








Last night we went to a show after dinner. It was a magician and he was great. These guys never fail to amaze me. You can be sitting just feet away and you still can’t see what they have done.
Today the sun is shining brightly and the sea is quite calm so it should be a much more pleasant day.
There are games and lectures that interest us both. How much I do will depend on how my ankle is doing.
Tomorrow we will have a shore excursion going to Signal Hill and I want to be able to manage it without too much difficulty. I guess we have to travel 100 steps and if I can’t make it I will have to take my pictures from a distance.
While on shore I will get some anti-inflammatory pills and an elastic ankle support. I will have to wear my deck shoes because my walking shoes do not have laces and I can’t get them on. If I can I may see about buying a pair of wide runners.


No comments: