Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sea Day

September 16, 2014,
This was and is a sea day, the first of three, and we have been enjoying the relaxed pace.
My ankle feels a lot better. I walked down to the dining room to have breakfast this morning which was an improvement to be sure. I went to the dining room last evening also.
Anyway we had good news today. Up until now there has been noting in the line of a shore excursion for people who are staying on the ship in New York. All of the excursions listed were for people who were continuing on to an airport.
But today we learned that there will be a special tour for those of us who are In Transit passengers. It is a 5 hour driving tour to see the highlights of the city. There will be a photo stop to see the statue of Liberty and since that is an lighthouse it will be number 310. We are so pleased. Technically they do not go on sale until tomorrow but as soon as I heard about it I hobbled down to the excursions office and bought our tickets.
This is the night of the Captain’s circle party which means formal wear, meeting the commodore and free cocktails. I think I will cut a mean figure in my formal dress and my brown deck shoes without laces and cotton socks. That is all that I can get on my feet. Oh well hopefully not many will notice. Hee hee.
Today is the day we choose to celebrate Ken’s birthday so there are balloons outside our door and there will be a special serenade by the wait staff and of course a piece of birthday cake. I will make 



certain to take pictures of the festivities.


No comments: