Thursday, April 2, 2015

April Fool's Day

April 1st/2015
This is our first sea day of the return voyage.
Our clocks were moved ahead one hour overnight and so today began later that usual for us. Normally we wake up between 7 and 8 but this morning we were later than normal. We had not ordered room service and because we were late we had to go to Horizon Court for breakfast. Quite accidently we ended up sitting with Ken our evening table mate. As soon as we finished we went to the Princess theatre to hear George McGuire. His lecture was titled The Pleasure of Thinking. As usual he thrilled us and challenged us and entertained us all at the same time.
I had an appointment to get my hair done at eleven so I went directly from the theatre to the SPA. My appointment was with Phinole . She did my hair on the last cruise and she does a great job. This is formal night and my hair is going to look great.
Because we had a big breakfast we decided to basically skip lunch. I had an orange and took my meds.
I had a short nap and then got ready for the Wine Tasting. This is the event that is complimentary to Elite members. It was being held in the Botticelli dining room. The turn out was pretty good and we were treated to 5 different wines including 2 white, 2 red and 1 sparkling. The thing that really angered us was how rude some of the people were. Instead of listening to the facilitators they were chatting and laughing and being VERY rude. I cannot understand how some people can be so disrespectful;. These people were English speaking Canadians who should have known better. I was so embarrassed by them and angry with them and ashamed of them.
Then we returned to our room to get ready for dinner. This is the evening of the Captain’s Circle Party. We had arranged to meet Zuitka and Ken at Crooners so we could get into line early and get a good seat for the party. Ken and I usually like to sit nearer the back but Zuitka wanted to sit in the very front row. I was actually uncomfortable there and would not sit there again. But we did survive the evening and again we did not win a bottle of champagne. We learned that the most travelled passengers had 1200 sea days, next was 6oo days and the third place was just over 500 days. We also learned that there are 224 passengers with Elite cards on board.
This was lobster night in the dining room and the lobster was enjoyed by all. I especially enjoyed the crab cakes that went with the lobster.




Tonight we were treated to another special Norman Love chocolate journey. It was so rich that I ate only half of it. I could just see my blood sugar going through the roof, especially since I had 2 rum punch at the Captain’s party.





We left the dining room and headed back to the Princess Theatre because the feature was a production show “Stardust”.
It is such a grand show and it makes people feel good. What a great day to finish a day!







No comments: