Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Puntarenas/ May 3rd/2023

Puntarenas,




To Spanish explorers, the rumors of gold and vast riches could only mean that this section of Central America was the costa rica - the "Rich Coast."

Hailed as the Switzerland of the Americas, Costa Rica occupies a unique position, lying between two oceans and two continents. On both coasts, tropical rainforests rise to the mountains of the interior, many of which soar over 13,000 feet above sea level. In the west, a seemingly endless succession of brown-sand beaches forms the nation's Pacific coast. Puntarenas is your gateway to Costa Rica's wonders - and to its capital city of San Jose.



Because we have been here many times before we did not book a Princess excursion. The plan is to go ashore, roam around a little, perhaps wade in the water, take pictures, get my tree decoration and return to the ship. The heat is oppressive here we will ride the complimentary tram rather than walk along the half kilometer long dock to get to shore.

I hope to have lots of pictures to show you.



When I disembarked the tram was leaving so I decided to walk to the end of the dock. It was very hot and very humid but I decided it was just as hot to stand there for 10 minutes as it would be to walk for 10 minutes. The tram passed me on its way back to the ship.










On arrival at the end of the dock I was greeted by music, a fresh breeze and a young lady in native costume.











Next I crossed the street with the help of one of the tour sellers. Here I saw many vendors with amazing arts and crafts. These people are very talented and they were not at all pushy.













There was a wonderful group of musicians playing local music for us. I did a video but I am having trouble trying to figure out how to share it with you.

You will have to take my word for it. The music was grand, everyone was smiling and some were dancing. It was a wonderful atmosphere.
BUT 
it was so terribly hot.
I did find a magnet that I liked which could be used for our tree. I did not buy the one of the famous coffee carts because I know I have one of those already. It is on the downstairs fridge. 






I wonder how many of these fridge ones will end up on our "World  Cruise Tree." Perhaps it will become " The Travels Tree"










Soon I headed back to the dock to catch the trolley. This time I would ride. Too hot to walk another half Kilometer.
Time for ice cream!!!




 

2 comments:

sandy in spain said...

How will you attach the magnets to the tree.....Ken drilling a little hole for some ribbon, or gluing some ribbon on reverse of magnet to hang on tree, adding a number so you can remember the ports in the order you visited them, adding a small photo frame of the ports which were cancelled?? Enjoy the last few days of your cruise and start looking for the next one :-))

Debbie and Gary S. said...

Beautiful place.