Saturday, May 4, 2019

May 3rd at sea

This was a usual sea day. We slept in a little and then went to breakfast in the dining room. We sat with a couple from Alberta and a couple from the US. It appeared as if they were Trump supporters.. at least 3 of them. I was very good and did not get into an argument with them. You would have been so proud of me. "EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION".

I went to the big ten dollar sale and bought nothing.



A friend wrote and told us that a man that Ken knew many years ago was on board. We went to customer service and had them make contact for us. We arranged to meet John and Joanne for pub lunch. We had a great visit. I had my May fries. ( there sure weren't very many. I may just make this not count.






This was formal night so after catching up on the blog I began to get ready. This is the last formal night . We looked pretty good for old folks...don't you think? That fishing for compliments but so far we are so blessed with good health.






It was the captain's farewell party. Many of the passengers will disembark on Sunday and Captain Poggi goes on holiday so it really was a farewell party. They were serving rum punches and other drinks.. I got a good picture of the Cruise director Miranda. She is Canadian and she is getting married in June.

I introduced myself and told her that I was the one putting in the quotes every day. She was pleased to have a face to go with the quotes.



After the party we came back here and I watched the movie " A matter of Sex.".. it is the Ruth Bader Ginsburg story and it is well worth watching.

Ken won on the wake show and we got another wine stopper so that was great.

Tomorrow is the last day, Sunday we are in LA.


No comments: