Friday, August 29, 2014

Cork Ireland/August 29th

Here is what the excursion guide has to say about Cork:

Founded in the 7th century by St. Fin Barre, Cork is your 

gateway to romantic Ireland. Stroll down narrow country

 lanes or see the Lakes of Killarney. The intrepid visitor may

 scale the narrow passages of Blarney Castle to kiss the 

Blarney Stone. The region around Cork is also home to one of

 the densest concentration of prehistoric monuments in

 Western Europe. And, in a land where fable and fact blend

 to become folklore, it was near Cork that the great Tuatha 

De Danaan, a race with magical powers, was driven

 underground by the conquering Celts.

Cobh was the single most important port of emigration from


 Ireland.

I did not book a Princess tour, instead I booked a tour with a

company called eCoach tours. At this point I do not 

remember how I found them but they gave great instructions

 on how to find them and they promised a grand day with 

tours of Blarney, Cork City, Kinsale, and Cobh . On their

advise I got our tickets to Blarney Castle before we left

 Canada  so we would not  have to wait in line. We were told

 to disembark as soon as possible and the tour would leave as

soon as all ticket holders were aboard.

They were true to their word and we had a grand day. 
I will tell you more and post pictures as soon as I can.



No comments: