Friday, January 24, 2014

Does buying a new one count?

Well I decided that I was going to take only one suitcase on this trip.
I began by using the bed in the spare room as a marshaling point.
 I took out all of the item I thought I would like to have with me during this 7 weeks.
 Then I changed it to what I might need during this adventure.
Finally I cut it down to what I would actually need.

The result was my being able to close a 25 inch suitcase. It was so stuffed that getting another hanky in would be a challenge. I weighed it and even though the suitcase weighed 11 pounds empty I was only at 38 pounds. We are allowed 50 pounds so I was in good shape.

But what about shopping? I would not be able to buy anything at all, not even some nutmeg. I could always buy jewelry and wear it of course. :-0.

Since the drop in the dollar makes very much jewelry buying not very likely and because I really want to bring something back for Leo and Emmie and Noah if no one else I had a problem.
The answer was to buy another bigger suitcase.

So off I went to Bentleys last evening and I now have a 28 inch suitcase. Everything fits in quite nicely and there is lots of room left for shopping. The weight is now 40 pounds and I have 10 pounds of gifts that I can buy  and I will have room to pack them.
 And of course there is always the extra room and weight in Ken's suitcase. He never shops.:-)










No comments: