Saturday, August 3, 2019

What a day!!!

I will try to begin where I left off.
My phone alarm worked,,,, but because I had to leave it on ( I think) I wore down my battery and I do not have a charger with me. Fortunately Ken has his phone and it is working.

So my cell rang, the radio alarm rang and the hotel computer called. BUT none of it was necessary because I was awake. I do not sleep well when I know it is vital that I be awake on time.

We went to the desk and checked out and the taxi arrived right on time. A tour bus was waiting for us at the Fairmont and it had to make one more stop. Before we knew it we were on our way but first the guide gave us a bit of a tour of Vancouver including a ride around Stanley Park.

We were greeted warmly when we arrived at the train. We were served juice right away and then half went to the dining room and our half were served biscuits and mixed berry preserves. That was just to hold us until it was our turn to go to the dining room. They were so good and I was so hungry that I forgot to take a picture . But here is a photo of the empty plate. Use your imagination.



At 9:30 we went to breakfast. It was fabulous. We were served sweet rolls and a smoothie while we waited for our breakfast. Our choice was basically a sampler plate, very nice and too much food for me. I had to send some back. Perhaps it was the biscuit.


The entire morning was amazing. The day was bright and sunny and we got wonderful views of the mountains.
We took loads of pictures but I am not pleased with the way this camera is producing. So many pictures are hazy. But Ken took some great ones. So I will use his snaps when I don't like mine.


We arrived at Whistler around 11:30 and a bus too us to the Four Seasons. Luckily our room was ready although many would not be usable for 2 or 3 more hours.
For this stop there were 2 hotels being used. The Four Seasons and the Fairmont
It this is second best I would like to see what is better. There is a living room, a half bath, a master bedroom with a Queen sized bed and a large screen TV, there is a full bath, a balcony and there is another TV in the living room. There are robes and a walk in closet and a safe and a fridge and a bar and the list goes on. We are on the top floor and the view is amazing. It has a pool and hot tubes as well.
I am including a few pictures.






We had to force ourselves to leave it is so grand.

But we had tickets to take the Peak to Peak Gondola ride.
It really is amazing. The views are unreal and we loved it. The weather was perfect and the crowds were not too bad at all. I took loads of pictures and I am adding a few.










By the time we got down from the mountains it was time for supper . We went to the Mongolian Grill and had a very nice meal. They do a good job of cooking right in front of you. It really was tasty. I like the fact that you decide how much food you want and they is what you pay for.








Next we found our way to the free shuttle which would take us back to our hotel.
When we came into the room there was candy and a welcome note waiting for us.

A perfect way to finish our day in Whistler.
Tonight we are relaxing and enjoying this grand room.

We have to ready to leave at 6:30 in the morning. TOO Early!! We are off to Quesnel,  309 mile trip or is it KL I don't know but it will be another memorable day to be sure.




3 comments:

sandy in spain said...

What a lovely start for you adventure. Many hotels have spare phone chargers they will give you or let you borrow, lots of people forget their chargers when they check out from their hotel.Hazy photos, could be your lens needs cleaning,the local weather conditions or even just a bit of condensation due to the change of temperatures between your house or hotel and the outside world. We're off on an Alaska cruise in September,we have a few days in Vancouver before we leave. Looking forward to following the rest of your trip.

Comquot said...

Sandy...What dates will you be in Vancouver? We would love to get together with you if you have any free time.
C&K

sandy in spain said...

We fly to Vancouver from UK on sunday 15 September, we have 16 September as free day, then we join the Carnival Legend on Tuesday 17 September. Never been with Carnival before so not sure what to expect. We have never been to Vancouver before, but from what I've read we'll never fit everything in, with only one day. We are staying at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, Vancouver. I was so impressed with your train journey, I thought we might try the short version you did before, but they don't do that anymore. Your current journey sounds fabulous