Saturday, August 10, 2019

On to Banff

This day also began differently. We had an excursion and we had to be ready to board the bus at ten O;clock. That should have made for a relaxing start to the day. As usual I checked the e-mail and the bank notified me that $947.00 had been added to my credit card.
So instead of having a relaxing start to our day I hurried and got dressed. We were told that business could be handled in that GOLD lounge where we were supposed to have breakfast.
The first thing I did was inquire about the charge.
Again I was reassured that the charge was just a formality. She then offered to print out our bill. To my great relief those charges were not there. The total bill was less than a 100.00 dollars.

I really enjoyed my breakfast and I was so pleased to see lots of fresh fruit.








We had lots of time before our bus would arrive so we spent our time people watching. We made certain our luggage was on the bus and then we boarded our transport to begin our Lake Louise to Banff sightseeing.

Some of the incredible sights were Victoria glacier,Moraine Lake, and the magnificent Takakkaw Falls, the great divide, Yoho National Park, Spiral tunnels, the natural bridge, and Emeral Lake.

Natural bridge:







Moraine Lake:







Emerald Lake




Takakkaw Falls;




At the end of the tour our driver and guide served us a treat of hot coffee and butter tarts...yummy




Our final stop was at the Fairmont Banff Springs . I was so relieved to find that we were expected and all was in order. Our new room is VERY nice. So much better and much more like what we expect from The Fairmont chain.









We had our supper by getting a take out from a place called Stock. It is a very nice place. Their specialty is fresh produce. Never have we had such a chicken BLT. I could not finish mine. We ate them in our room and enjoyed a nice hot coffee. Soon we were off to bed and we were serenaded with the sights and sounds of a major thunder and lightning storm.


Tomorrow we are off to the Banff gondola and other attractions around the area.
It will be nice to have a carefree sleep.




No comments: