Saturday, September 21, 2024

Juneau and Ketchikan, September 18 and 19

The past 2 days have been VERY quiet. The calm began with Ken having a tickel in his throat the turned into a bad cough. Yesterday he spent the day in bed and I brought him all of his meals. In the afternoon while he slept I went for a walk and ended up playing Trivea with Ann and Ken. I went to the Captain Circle Cocktail party. I sat with Ann and Ken. Here are the numbers for this cruise New cruisers......2430 Gold cruisers....519 Ruby............150 Platinum ........265 Elite...........176 It is a good side for the cruise industry to have all of these first time cruisers. I went to dinner and Emile insisted that I come back to the dining room after the cocktail party and pick up a meal for Ken. The day was foggy and cool so neither of us went ashore, between the weather and health issues the ship was the best place for us to be. But many faced the wet weather.
The captain said it would be rough last night but it was not bad at all. This morning the day was a mix of clouds and sun. Ken seemed to be a bit better but this morning I have a bit of a sore throat so I may be getting Ken's cold. We went to the buffet for breakfast and basically took it easy all day. There were 4 large ships in port and they all seem to be headed for Vancouver. It will be a busy day. We get off at 9:40 and hope to connect to Dave around 10:30 but that is Saturday. We have a formal night tonight and a full sea day tomorrow.

No comments: